Updated: April 23, 2021
GUIDEcx is the producer and owner of GUIDEcx (collectively referred to here as the/our “Software” or the/our “Services”), which are collaborative web and mobile-based applications that help teams and individuals stay organized and communicate.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information in two ways: Information we get when you visit the Website or use our Services, and information you provide to us directly.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
We automatically collect certain information, which is primarily non-personally identifying information of the sort that web browsers, servers, and services like Google Analytics typically make available, namely the browser type, language preference, referring site, the time of each visit, how you use the Website or Services (e.g. search queries), your approximate location, cookies, etc.
We collect this non-personally identifying information in order to better understand how visitors use the Website and Services and, where possible, to improve their experience. For instance, we log the time it takes to run database queries so that we can improve performance. In some cases, we may publicly display information that is not personally identifying in the aggregate, (e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of our Services) or may provide the aggregate data to third parties.
When you access the Website or use the Services, we also collect potentially personally-identifying information in the form of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) accessed (which may reference the name of a board, card, username, or team), and the unique identification number associated with the account. We don’t use that information to identify you, with one exception: we may discover, by reviewing log files, that a particular account is using the Services in a way that is degrading the experience for all the Services’ Users. If this is discovered, we may look up personally identifiable information associated with that account in order to contact the Customer. We handle and disclose this information in the same way we handle other potentially personally-identifying information as described below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE TO US
Our Website and Services may require individuals to provide us with personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that is provided depends on the nature of the interaction:
- Users who sign up for and use our Services provide their full name, username, password and email address.
- Customers who purchase paid services provide credit/debit card information, billing address and other personal and financial information required to process those transactions.
- Website visitors who choose to refer our Services to another individual via the Website provide their name, company name, phone number and email address, and the same information for the individual they are wanting to refer to us.
- Website visitors and other individuals who sign up for a demo or otherwise contact us provide us their name, contact information and any other information that they choose to share.
We do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And you can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent you from engaging in certain activities on our Services or Website.
If you send us a request, such as emailing us for support, we may publish the request (absent any personally identifying information) in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or help other Users.
In the process of supporting our Services, we may discover personally identifiable information associated with your account. The only personally identifiable information we may discover during the support process without your consent includes your email address and the names of any Customers to which you belong. Any further information will not be discovered without your consent.
In the process of supporting our Services, we may need to investigate the data within your User account, including data you have entered into private boards, cases, wikis, etc. If this occurs, we will always request your permission before looking at the data in your account.
INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO DISPLAY PUBLICLY ON OUR SERVICES
Some Users may elect to publicly post personally identifying or sensitive information about themselves in their normal use of our Services. This could occur through use of optional profile fields, in interactions on public boards, wikis, cases and forums, or if a previously private interaction is made public. Information like that, which is voluntarily posted in publicly visible parts of our Services, is considered to be public, even if it would otherwise be considered to be personally identifying or sensitive.
If you choose to provide personally identifiable information using certain public features of the Services, individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in content that you create or information that you submit through our Services.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO OTHER PEOPLE
This Policy only applies to information collected by GUIDEcx. It does not apply to the practices of companies that we don’t own or control, or employees that we don’t manage. Information on our Services’ boards, wikis, cases and forums may contain links to third party websites, and any information you provide to those sites will be covered by any privacy policies they may have, not this Policy. Please be sure to read the privacy policies of any third-party sites you visit. It is those sites’ responsibility to protect any information you give them, so we can’t be held liable for their wrongful use of your personally identifying information.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information about you that for a variety of business purposes described below. We collect or receive to:
- Facilitate account creation and logon process.
- Provide you with the Services and any other requested product or service.
- Send you product, service and new feature information, or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and other administrative information.
- Request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- Keep our Services and Websitesafe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- Enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
- Respond to legal requests and prevent harm.
- Manage User accounts.
- Respond to inquiries, offer support to Users and help us solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
Data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We share your information in the following circumstances:
- Consent: We may share your information.
- Legal Obligations: We may share your information where we reasonably believe that disclosure is required or permitted to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Protect our Interests: We may disclose your information to protect our rights and property, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies and agreements, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Contractors and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform the following services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work: payment processing, data analysis (Google Analytics), email processing (SendGrid), hosting and infrastructure services (Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Heroku (Salesforce), customer service (Intercom) and website performance monitoring (BugSnag, New Relic and Pingdom).
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, liquidation, bankruptcy or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Our Customers. We share information about Users with the relevant Customer and with other third parties that the Customer may direct us to share that information with.
Other Users. When you share information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Services) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Services, such information may be viewed by all Users and may be publicly distributed outside the Services in perpetuity. Similarly, other Users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Services, and view your profile.
IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
Our servers are located in United States. If you are accessing our Services from outside United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your information in United States, and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, then these countries may not have data protection or other laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will, however, take all necessary measures to protect your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We aim to protect your information through a system of organizational and technical security measures designed to protect the security of any information we process.
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. The database backups are also encrypted. Most data are not encrypted while they live in our database (since it needs to be ready to send to you when you need it), but we go to great lengths to secure data at rest.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Services and GUIDEcx does not seek or knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained information in violation of applicable laws, we will promptly delete the information.
If you believe that a child has provided us with information about them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your information.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Services, you have the right to request removal of information that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such information, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account, a statement that you reside in California and details of where the information is posted. We will make reasonably good faith efforts to remove this information so that it is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that this process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal. For instance, third-parties may have republished the post and archived copies of it may be stored by search engines and others that we do not control.
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this policy or our site in general, please contact us at email@example.com.